This blog reflects my opinions and does not reflect the opinions of the US Government or the Peace Corps

Monday, April 5, 2010

Last Weeks in America


I have officially finished work in the US for at least the next 2 years! Last week I took Spring Break with my friend Samantha and we visited the San Juan Islands with her family. It was absolutely beautiful and was also a great time to relax and hang out with one of my best friends that I'll be very sad to leave.

Now I am spending my time cleaning, packing, visiting with friends and then cleaning some more. Maybe I should not have acquired soooooo many things the last 23 years!

3 weeks from today I will be flying to Atlanta, GA for Staging (aka a really long/intense orientation) and then on April 28th I will fly to Guatemala! I'm just trying to relax and not worry or stress too much in the next few weeks. I have been practicing my Spanish a little but hopefully it will all come back to me when I'm there. I am not too concerned with the Spanish part but rather with the technical work aspect of my assignment. I have NO CLUE how to go about building stoves/latrines/cement floors/etc. but hopefully I'll be a fast learner.

I'm also figuring out what exactly to pack so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. SO excited for you kelly! don't you even worry languages come back fast. a few days fully immersed and you'll be back to where you used to be.
    blog often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! Thanks for leaving your blog information! I am excited to be able to follow your adventures! Thanks so much for all your help the last couple months with Elly and housesitting. It was so easy to get away knowing everything was in your capable hands. You will do great in Guatemala! Best of luck to you!! Safe travels! Tricia K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pack insect repellant :o)

    ReplyDelete