This blog reflects my opinions and does not reflect the opinions of the US Government or the Peace Corps

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

One More Day in the US



I have officially left Boise, ID for at least 27 months. I had a great last weekend seeing all of my friends, having a BBQ and drinking some delicious beer...all things I will miss very much. I also had the most intense cake ever with the Guatemalan flag and a giant bird perched on the cake. Loved it! I have had many tearful good-byes but I really cannot be too sad right now because I am excited to be starting this great adventure and I know I will be doing a little part to make our world better.

I woke up very early yesterday and caught my flight from Boise to Denver to Atlanta. I only packed my big backpack which weighed in at 45 pounds and then my little backpack which is about 20 pounds so I was well under the weight limit. However, carrying all that and walking around is a little difficult. After arriving in Atlanta I met up with 3 other girls and we made our way to the train into town. We looked ridiculous with all our stuff and we heard a few chuckles from others. After checking in we met up with other people as they arrived, went to dinner and hung out. Of course I could not sleep last night because I am too excited about everything! I'll hopefully update this one more time before leaving the states. In the meantime here is my mailing address until July:

Kelly Knapp, PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
Apartado Postal 66
Santa Lucía Milpas Altas, Sacatepéquez
Guatemala, Centro América


No comments:

Post a Comment